Tuesday 8 November 2011

What's your energy coefficient?

It's no secret: the entire agency is completely rebooted and full of energy. And so am I.

It's not that I'm surprised given the fact that 75 employees have been away on HIMC. But I started wonder how and why it happens, why is it that I felt sorry that I had to go home last night (sorry family), why is it that I got up at 5 AM and why did I rush to work today - I admit I didn't a week ago! I have set off to understand it, not from a deep psychological view, but more from a personal perspective.

One reason for my energy level is that I'm interacting much more now than a week ago and with more people. And it's a much deeper interaction - not so much in time, but the topics (more than hallo and how are you, or let's get this meeting done so that we can have the next meeting)

Secondly I meet more energetic people all the time. It contributes to my level of energy. That also means that somehow I also get energized by people that I'm sharing an intimate sphere with.

The third factor I believe could be the level of "newness" in what I and we do. The outcome is not given - that fact provokes my curiosity.

A forth dimension is the trust (or maybe just lack of scepticism) that is involved in the interaction.

I imagine a lot of other aspects can influence, but to keep it simple my Energy Coefficient is something like:

a = the number of people I interact with
b = the level of interaction
c = the level of energy in the people I meet
d = the level of routine in the interaction
e = the level of trust

EC = ((a*b) + c - d)*e

I realize that our EC is an individual thing. A great former colleague of mine (AP) once told me (me being a bit un-energetic) that whenever she felt a bit down, she would find her absolutely best cloth and wear it and feel energetic. I tried it and somehow it worked. My only problem was to define my best cloth from my worst!

Time for reflection - what's your EC?

Disclaimer: I realize that if I'm all alone one day  my EC will by definition be zero. So don't loose faith although you have a day on your own!

1 comment:

  1. a = the number of people I interact with
    b = the level of interaction
    c = the level of energy in the people I meet
    d = the level of routine in the interaction
    e = the level of trust
    f = level og newness
    g = level of recognition in your interaction

    EC = (((a*b) + c + g - d)*e)(f>0)

    ReplyDelete