Friday 23 December 2011

Don't try this at home

As a lot of my colleagues from Advance Cph I'm planning to have duck as the main course at our X-mas dinner.

I plan slow roasted duck. To make sure that I do it right I was looking up a recipe. By mistake I ended up on a Google translated site. And I'm still laughing. Here is a small taste:

"Fill the other with prunes and apples and place it with your chest down on the grate. Cut the drumsticks from. Start by putting your thighs in the oven approx. one hour (editors advice - don't!). Come on then the rest of the bird in the oven.

Turn second (anden - this is really a fun and meaningless translation) after one hour and sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast until cooked."

I have been bitching about automated service and the example above shows that automation can lead to unexpected amusement. Everybody with an iPhone can confirm this. And both Apple and Google are the most celebrated brands and companies on the globe and still there is room for improvement. An somehow thats nice.

I will stay out of the oven and let the duck stay there for 6 hours at 130 degrees, turned once after 4 hours if you shouldn't know. If you need inspiration for the X-mas sweets see: jul.advance.dk

Have a lovely X-mas - hope to see you again in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment