Friday 16 December 2011

Too much service?

In a world where the consumers are less likely to spend money and the competition is fierce I would imagine that the more service a company can give the better.

But during my Christmas shopping I experienced a situation where I felt the company was trying too hard.

Telenor is offering a a concept they call Double Deal. You can buy two cheap phones and two very cheap subscriptions. A cool offer - my kids could get 2 new great phones for Christmas at lower total costs than they have today.

I agreed with the very service minded guy in the shop, that the new phones should only be active after Christmas. No one should know what type of gift they could expect for Christmas.

So far so good - great experience. Only when I came home my son told me that he had received an SMS from Telenor (and my daughter as well)

SMS text on my sons phone - (seeing the screen you also know why he needs a new phone from X-mas:-)
Telenor was so eager to improve the service, that they almost gave away that I bought a phone for my son. And the day after I received this letter:

One of three letters from Telenor the same day


Here they tried to help me activate the new subscription and congratulated me with the Double Deal. Thank good they sent it to me and not to my kids.

Telenor is really trying hard, but they almost lost me. And I simply don't get why they don't foresee this situation. Of course it's automated. But the guy who did the rules for this either doesn't have kids or doesn't buy phones for Christmas. Telenor, you have 11 months to improve your system for next Christmas and maybe just give me little less service and dialogue, thx.

No comments:

Post a Comment