Wednesday 18 January 2012

In Trust we trust

Branding and communication can sometimes be hard. Today I have noticed an example that truly prove this.

Last week my son turned 10 and one of his most wanted gifts was a wireless mouse. He is a young gamer and wants gear that's easy to move around.

I'm not an expert, but after some research I found that a wireless mouse would be OK even though a game fanatic might argue that a mouse with cord was even better for gaming. But still he is 10.

I was a bit late so I skipped my initial thought of buying on-line. In Fona (a TV/Radio retailer) I found the right product (a fast and accurate mouse). Not cheap, not expensive. And a promising name (maybe the alarm clock should have been ringing?):



My son was excited (he is not yet brand conscious) and the installation was an easy fix. But, but a week later the mouse stopped working. I tried everything, but the mouse had rally stopped working. Suddenly it's hard to call your brand Trust. It becomes pretentious and a bit of a laugh. Only I didn't laugh. Maybe it was a great idea in the beginning and really a promise they as a brand wanted to pursue and deliver on. But today they don't.

Fortunately Fona took the chance to use a "bad product experience" to brand themselves. I got a complete new product in 3 minutes - no arguing. Only professional service.

And now I'm here with a new Trust mouse. I'm hoping the best. But I trust Fona.


No comments:

Post a Comment